Thursday, August 26, 2010

So Laura finally decided to "take a break" from Frank.  Interesting timing with this one.  I wonder what Kelly advised in this situation, though I heard a little of what she said.  I hope she can be there to help reaffirm Laura that this was the right decision so that her guilt would not weigh on her and in so doing destroy the good she might receive from taking this leap of faith.

They still can write letters to each other, which may provide an adequate bottle-neck on their communication, but the fact that even one line of communication is still open I think will not sufficiently silence their thoughts toward each other.  Laura did make a good point though in that this is a baby step... maybe more like a baby leap... in the right direction and that if she wouldn't have taken this possibly intermediary step, then she may have not done anything at all.  Either way, the question is not whether this will be good for both of them, it is simply a question of degree.  I hope I can do my part to share with her also what I have learned from separating myself from another person whose presence I was addicted to and how I was able to let go of it and finally move on.  Granted, Laura's and my goals are different in our own respective situations, but the means to attain those goals are similar enough where I think this will be a good time for us to really help each other out (as we have already started doing).

I'm not so sure how Frank will take this chronically.  Obviously it was a great shock initially, and he is someone who is very good at masking his emotions/state of well/unwell-being.  I'll continue doing what I can to be his friend and at least take his mind off this, which probably won't work, but fulfillment of duty supersedes acquisition of results in this case.

No comments: