Monday, October 4, 2010

Today, my problems made the jump from conscious to sub-conscious.  I had what the doctors in the emergency room told me was a panic attack.  I haven't been able to breathe correctly since yesterday morning after going an entire night without sleep.  Breathing is labored and voluntary, and I cannot get to my full lung capacity.  It's like there's an invisible brick on my chest.  The scary part is that nothing of this was emotional.  I was not panicked today, I was not scared, or overwhelmed, or anything like that.  I was glad to be alive, glad that classes are working out better than I thought they would, that I have more clear goals at work now, that I had an awesome weekend with Kuk Sool and D&D.  Then, boom.  Can't breathe, fingers start tingling, moves to hands, wrists, forearms.  Before I know it, I'm walking as fast as I can (not fast under these conditions) to the emergency room, not knowing what the heck is going on.  The next scary part... they took my O2 stats, blood pressure, checked my heart and lungs, and NOTHING was wrong.  They said I was hyperventilating when I came in, but I didn't feel like I was at all.  I was talking to the nurse, so I didn't have as much time as normal to take the breaths that I have been, namely slow and short.  It got to the point where my whole face started convulsing, and my forearms and hands and fingers locked up.  I had to get the nurse to dial my phone for me so I could tell my psychologist I would be late for my appointment because my fingers wouldn't move.  (Will finish Later... maybe... probly not)

No comments: